Deciding to enter the world of e-Commerce, we face many decisions and then hard work to make everything work as it should. One of the key tasks is website positioning. Today I will share with you the basic information that is worth knowing, taking care of SEO.
- The page title should have a maximum of 65 characters with spaces;
- It is the most important SEO element of your site;
- It has a huge impact on CTR;
- It should contain keywords.
A good-looking title will increase the CTR and keywords will increase the number of searches
Description (page description)
- Taken into account during SEO marketing activities;
- Influences clickability and organic search.
Meta tags (article descriptions, subpages)
- Meta tags should be original;
- They should be placed on each subpage;
- The descriptions should be interesting;
- Duplicate descriptions are not welcome.
Meta tags are intended to convince the user to visit OUR website
Special symbols (advantage for increased visibility)
- Symbols distinguish our description;
- Their most important task is to attract attention.
Headers (one of the most important elements of SEO)
- Headlines should not have duplicates;
- Headers should include keywords;
- Headings should not be too general.
The keywords contained in the headings are very important
Adwords keyword planner: https://adwords.google.com/intl/pl_pl/home/tools/keyword-planner/
Google Trends: https://trends.google.pl/trends/
Content on the website (that is what GoogleBot likes the most)
- Do not publish pages with little content;
- Search for potential for keywords (e.g. in Google Adwords, Google Trends);
- Take care of content, create blogs - this will help you get traffic.
Optimize image files
- An important element is the ALT attributes (image description for GoogleBot);
- Try to make the images light (heavy images make the page load longer, which hiccups especially on mobile devices).
- The address should contain keywords;
- It should be short, legible and easy to remember;
- We do not use Polish characters;
- We use only small letters;
- We do not need extensions e.g. ".html";
- Addresses should be coherent (keep the same structure).
Well designed addresses have keywords and are easy to remember
Indexing (GoogleBot daily work)
- We should block GoogleBot from indexing sites;
- Let's also prepare a map of the site, it will make indexing easier and faster.
Out of order links, URL errors
- Let's not let broken links be indexed by GoogleBot;
- Let's check the Google Search Console periodically. The tool will display all problems with links and subpages.
Google Serch Console: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
Remember the page with error 404
- The subpage should be interesting, keeping the user on the site;
- Put links to the most important subpages there;
- Don't be afraid to add other interesting options.
A well-designed 404 page will help stop you
I hope that you have pulled something out of the above article and your websites will work much better and your Google positions will grow at an exponential rate.